Visitor Assistant - Historic Property Steward
Title Visitor Assistant - Historic Property Steward
Location Roche Abbey, Gate House, Maltby, Rotherham, South Yorkshire, S66 8NW
Salary £8.05 per hour / 16 hrs per week / April-October (All salaries are reviewed on 1st April each year)
Job type Permanent
For further information please see : https://www.english-heritage.org.uk/about-us/jobs/job-search/default-job-page/?jobRef=11536
Assorted Vacancies from Job Centre Plus
· Kitchen Assistant (35+ hours p/w – permanent) at ‘Let’s Sushi’ Meadowhall – click here for further details Let's Sushi
· Apprentice Dental Nurse at ‘Stag Dental Care’ Rotherham – click here for further details Apprentice Dental Nurse
· Sales Assistant (40 hours p/w – permanent) at ‘Tessuti’ Meadowhall – click here for further details Tessuti
· Sales Assistant (30-49 hours p/w – permanent) at ‘Wrapchic’ Meadowhall – click here for further details Wrapchic
· Stockroom/Sales Assistant (20 hours p/w) at ‘Oasis’ Meadowhall – click here for further details Oasis
· Personal Advisor (Leaving Care Service) (37 hours p/w – permanent) at RMBC – click here for further details Personal Advisor
· Supported Housing Assistant (18.5 hours p/w – permanent) at RMBC – click here for further details Supported Housing Assistant
· Apprentice Admin Assistant at Parker Rhodes Hickmotts – click here for further details Apprentice Admin Assistant
· Sales Assistant (4-40 hours p/w – temporary) at ‘Claire’s Accessories’ Meadowhall – click here for further details Claire's Accessories
· Counter Attendant (35+ hours p/w – permanent) at ‘Let’s Sushi’ Meadowhall – click here for further details Let's Sushi
· Kitchen Porter (30 hours p/w – permanent) at ‘Coal Grill & Bar’ Meadowhall – click here for further details Coal Grill & Bar
· Sales Associate (Full & part-time) at ‘Nike’ Rotherham – click here for further details Nike
· Medicine Counter Assistant (20 hours p/w) at ‘Tesco’ Rotherham – click here for further details Tesco
The Prince’s Trust in conjunction with M&S are running a 4 week course/work experience called ‘Get into Retail – Make your mark with M&S’. There will be a Taster Day on the 26th February and the course itself will run 4th – 29th March.
The programme is open to 16-25 year olds and is a fantastic opportunity to get a taste of what it is like to work in retail along with an opportunity to gain employment with one of the country’s most well known retail establishments.
The training/work experience takes place at the M&S store in Meadowhall. Travel expenses, uniform & lunch are provided as part of the programme.
Individuals will learn new skills, boost their confidence, improve their employability, meet new people and receive up to 6 months support from the Prince’s Trust following completion of the programme to help them with finding employment.
Ian Eccles from the Prince’s Trust will be attending Rotherham JC on Monday 28th January to see those interested in finding out more information and to enrol them onto the Taster Day.
Attached is a flyer to promote this programme
HM Prison & Probation Service (HMPPS) are recruiting for ‘Operational Support Grade’ roles with the vacancies in this area being based in Doncaster.
In a typical day an ‘Operational Support Grade’ role could include anything from greeting visitors at reception, to registering offenders and carrying out searches but below is a list of some of the other duties involved in the role:-
· Welcome family members, visitors and lawyers
· Monitor offender mail and phone calls
· Check CCTV
· Patrol perimeters
· Carry out security checks and searches
· Report contraband items
· Occasional prison vehicle driving in some establishments
Operational Support staff are at the heart of a busy prison and will often be one of the first faces the public and people working in criminal justice see when they visit a prison. On a shift pattern, which includes some night work, operational staff supports the day-to-day running of prisons, working to keep them safe and secure around the clock.
Unlike prison officers, contact with prisoners is limited, although depending on the particular prison there may be some interaction with offenders occasionally.
The vacancies are now live on the HMPPS website (https://www.prisonsupportroles.co.uk/) with a closing date of the 21 January 2019.
Top Club Investments Ltd
£20,800 full time
Pub manager currently wet sales only kitchen available.2 bed accommodation included, plus performance bonus. Part time hours would be available for the partner of the right applicant if required. Must be passionate, engaging and have a natural friendly presence with customers. The post will be available to start from February 2019