We try to develop children’s imagination throughout the centre, through art, music, dance, role play, stories and design technology.
You could develop your child's imaginative play skills at home by:
- pretending to go on a picnic or by acting out a story, such as the Bear Hunt
- creating a model using construction resources e.g. Duplo, Sticklebrix or junk materials and then help your child make up a story e.g. This rocket is going to the moon. It will zoom past lots of stars
- helping him/her to make up a story about a character, such as a princess, a pirate or a cat
- helping him/her make pretend smoothies
- helping him/her draw a picture of an imaginary character
- playing some music and encouraging him/her to move appropriately to it.